Windows 10 is due to be released tomorrow. I suggest to read this list of things to do before you jump into the Windows 10 pool. It will make your life much easier.
- I would not take the plunge right away. The latest preview release is very stable but the final release will probably have some issues. Take your time and do it right.
- Check the hardware compatibility list before you even think about the upgrade. The hardware list can be found here and is subject to change.
- Check your software and see if it will run on Windows 10.
- Make sure you have all the installation media for your software with the install keys handy.
- Take a backup of all your data before doing the upgrade.
- Schedule the upgrade to be run after Windows tells you.
- Check and make sure everything is running fine.
If you do these 7 steps your Windows 10 upgrade will go much smoother. Good luck